mercredi 26 mars 2008

Courses


Il y a une chose que j’aime visiter quand je suis à l’étranger ce sont les grandes surfaces ! J’adore voir la bouffe des autres pays, les emballages différents, les dispositions… bon hier j’étais un peu malade sans doute à cause de toute cette neige, alors mon plaisir fut un peu gâché…j’avancé au radar dans les rayons… mais bon un avant goût ! J’ai d’abord mis un bon 20 minutes avant de trouver des boites de conserves de tomates concassées…arpentant les rayons en me disant que non c’est impossible que ça n’existe pas en Suisse !!!!! Ensuite j’ai mis 10 bonnes minutes à choisir une marque de lait… puis les yahourts… qui se vendent généralement par 2.

Chose étrange il n’y a pas de prix dans les magasins Suisses ! Je me dis bon c’est juste ce rayon… j’avance plus loin non !!! Tout est gratuit !!!! Mais c’est bizarre quand même on est en Suisse… alors comment je fais pour choisir ?? Et enfin j’ai vu les prix… sur les produits ! Finalement c’est bien pratique, car au moins on risque pas de se planter ! En France souvent on débarque avec sa boite de raviolis à 1,20 euros et puis la caissière elle dit ah non c’était pas cette boite, celle là elle coûte 2,50 euros… il fallait prendre la rouge avec des raviolis jaunes et un bonhomme dans le coin.. ok c’est bon je prends celle à 2,50 euros…

There is one thing I like when I am abroad… is to go in grocery stores ! I like to discover new products, new packaging, what we eat in this country ! So yersteday I went there, but I was a little bit sick, I guess because of the snow… so it was not as fun as I wanted to be, but I will do better next time !

20 minutes to find box of “little pieces of tomatoes” … funny right ? you can not figure it out what it is ?!... I was walking trhough the store saying to myself that it was totally impossible they don’t have this in Switzerland ! then, it took me 10 minutes to choose a box of milk ! And also yoghourt… and very strange thing for me is that here prices are not written on display … so I was thinking that everything was free in this store ?!! no… we are in Switzerland… and finally I found out prices are written on each product, which I think it is good… as in France, you always take the box which is 1,20 euros… and you arrive at the cash desk, and the girl say 2,50 please… but I taught it was 1,20… yes but the one which was on the bottom, the red one, with the yellow thing and the little boy on it… ok I take the one which is 2,50…

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Em! I have had this exact experience. Not only did it take me ages to get my grocery shopping done because I had to read everything. The things I recognized and knew instantly what they were, were expensive imports from the states! I also spent a long time reading the cans of tomatoes because many people here buy their cans and boxes of tomatoes "condimentado" but I just wanted plain tomatoes. Anyway, I think I've got it figured out now.

What are you going to do with the Philadelphia Cream Cheese? (Which , by the way, does not strike me as an exotic Swiss grocery!)

Emilie a dit…

I was reading your blog last day, and I said, oh funny now, I should live some things same as Della did or still does ;-)
Actually I read about the milk a lot, there was too many for me ! And of course imported things are very expensive too !!! But strange thing everything which is from Switzerland is more expensive !!
And for the Philadelphia cheese you know what ? When Michael saw it he asked me but why this ? and I said "because it reminds me the US when I was there I loved this cheese, and we don't have it in France !!!" And the most strange thing is that this is done in Germany !!!! I read it on the package ! ;-)
I need receipe with Philaldelphia cheese !!!

aj burke a dit…

Em, this post is so funny! I love going to the grocery store in other countries, too.

If you're going to buy things to remind you of the U.S., perhaps you should buy something that won't spoil!! ;-)